It is important to us that you are confident that any of your personal data (“data”) supplied to Saxbury Ltd of Pavilion, 96 Kensington High Street, London, W8 4SG (“us”, “our” or “we”) is going to be held securely and responsibly. This policy will set out how the data that you supply to us throughout our involvement, will be stored and used.
What data is collected?
Throughout our instruction we may be provided with/have access to any of the following:
· Data submitted by you or collected via your use of the website www.saxbury.com. This will include but not be limited to information provided to us so that we can assist with any initial enquiries regarding properties that we are marketing;
· Data submitted by yourselves or parties acting on your behalf relating to an instruction or potential instruction of us. This will include emails, documents sent by post or hand delivered to our office, information taken down by staff of Saxbury Ltd during telephone conversations or meetings and voice recordings of any of the aforementioned telephone conversations;
· Any other information that you or any relevant third parties sends to us.
How will the data be used?
Any of the data collected by any of the means set out above may be used for any of the following purposes:
· Carrying out our instructions given by our client throughout our involvement in acquiring, selling, consulting or advising in relation to the property;
· To ensure our compliance with the conditions set out in our terms of business;
· Offering an initial consultation on a potential new matter;
· Forwarding on to trustworthy third parties to carry out the instructions given to us or to ensure performance of the terms of any contract that has been entered in relation to or connected to the property. We will only share data with any third parties where we are satisfied that they will take appropriate measures to ensure the protection of your data;
· Forwarding on to trustworthy third parties to carry out necessary identity, credit referencing and money laundering checks. We will only share data with any third parties where we are satisfied that they will take appropriate measures to ensure the protection of your data;
· Sending email communication that you have requested/signed up for. This may include but is not limited to notification of upcoming properties to lease/services that may be of interest to you;
· Deal with any requests or complaints made by yourself relating to our handling of any instruction;
· To ensure compliance with our necessary regulatory requirements;
· Any requests made by third parties that by law we are required to comply with.
How long will the data be held for and where will the data be stored?
We will retain the data for as long as is necessary while we have a legitimate interest in the data being held. This will ordinarily be a minimum of 6 years from the date of our last processing of any data.
During any instruction your data will be stored in paper copy and/or on our electronic database software. Once our instruction on any matter has concluded and no new data is to be processed, the paper file may be sent to an off-sight archiving storage facility where it will be kept for the reminder of our necessary time as the data processor and controller.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that there is complete safety of your data when it is supplied, transmission via the internet can never be entirely secure. We have set out a strict in house-policy for handling your data to ensure that any risk is kept to an absolute minimum.
Your rights to object:
If at any time you do not wish your data to be stored or controlled by us in accordance with this policy, you must notify us either by writing to Saxbury Ltd of Pavilion, 96 Kensington High Street, London, W8 4SG or email@example.com or 020 7243 8880 setting out your reasons. Once notice of objection has been received, the processing of the data will be stopped unless we are able to show that there is a reason that we are required to retain the data in order to comply with our legal responsibilities or if we continue to have a legitimate interest in continuing to retain, hold and use the data. If this is the case your data will continue to be held, we will notify you of our reasoning for this within a reasonable period of time.
Any change of policy:
If any data provided by yourselves is no longer correct and needs to be updated, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that all of your records kept are updated.